PATIENT SAFETY AT OUR OFFICE
Your health and safety are our #1 priority. The COVID-19 pandemic has only deepened our commitment to your health.
We are taking all necessary precautions regarding patient screening, infection control, and personal protective equipment (PPE) to ensure your safety, in accordance with the Minnesota State and ADA guidelines and recommendations to deliver the highest degree of care in the safest way possible
Just like you, we have family and loved ones who rely on us, so working in a safe environment is extremely important to us. When you visit our office, you will see some new protocols, such as:
Limiting Visitors – Guests will be restricted from accompanying patients to clinic treatment areas unless required for a legal (i.e. parent/guardian) or medical (i.e. mobility) reason. Guests can wait in the reception area.
Masking – To keep our patients safe, all clinic staff will be wearing facemasks, as described by the CDC and Minnesota Department of Health.
Many of our safety protocols were already in place before COVID-19. We’ve outlined some of the important protocols in place below that we would like for you to be aware of. If you have any questions about safety protocols, please let us know.
SURFACE CLEANING AND AIR FILTRATION PROTOCOL
- All high-touch surfaces will be sanitized with hospital-grade cleaning solutions before every patient visit, including doorknobs, counters, pens, and clipboards.
- We have HEPA filtration systems in the office.
- The building’s HVAC system operates within strict guidelines for optimal ventilation.
INSTRUMENT STERILIZATION PROTOCOLS
- We use hospital-grade ultrasonic baths and high-temperature autoclaves to clean and sterilize our instruments.
- All surfaces in the operatory and consultation rooms are disinfected between each patient with hospital-grade cleaning solutions.
- Our cleaning processes are constantly tested, monitored, and inspected.
PPE AND PATIENT SAFETY PROTOCOL
- Our practice is in compliance with the ADA and CDC recommendations for wearing N95 or FDA-approved/equivalent face masks, gloves, face shields, and laundered or disposable gowns are in use for every patient visit.
- Upon arrival, patients are pre-screened with a COVID19 questionnaire and have their temperatures checked before treatment.
- Every member of our team practices proper hand hygiene.
To schedule your appointment, please call our office at 952-465-0105.
Thank you for putting your trust in Northern Star OMS for your surgical care.